Articles / Resources
12 Myths About Student Engagement
1. Engagement in schooling = engagement in learning.
2. Participation should be graded.
3. Personal relevance is just a cute theory.
4. Pop quizzes motivate studying.
5. Group projects enhance learning.
6. Group discussions increase participation.
7. They don’t answer questions, so they aren’t interested.
8. Course size has an inverse affect on student engagement.
9. If their performance suffers, they aren’t interested.
10. Disengagement signifies disinterest.
11. You can’t Incorporate interests of all students
12. Learning necessitates engagement.
Curated by Lefouque