A very excellent article which says exactly what I have always wanted to say about education technology (including identity development) and more.
* education technology is popular, but we need to be critical users of technology
* education is actually different from business
* bring business thinking and practices into education does more harm than good
* technology is not neutral. It subtly embeds assumptions about values e.g. what is the “good life”
* A wholistic education includes values, morals, critical thinking, self-reflection (metacognition), agency, relationships, compassion, empathy … etc.
* some games can help in identity development
Curated by Lefouque