Article (by John Seely Brown)
Cultivating The Entrepreneurial Learner In the 21st Century
* The entrepreneurial learner is constantly looking for new ways, new resources, new peers and potential mentors to learn new things.
* Skills, Social Practices & Institutions Evolve Around New Technologies
* A Cambrian Moment — Imminent evolutionary explosion?
* worlds great thinkers, doers and tinkerers went to Montessori schools
* Montessori (and Dewey) valued play, imagination and other entrepreneurial learning skills. How to scale these?
Examples / Cases:-
. mobile devices
. Harry Potter Worldwide Movement (for writing)
. World of Warcraft’s Knowledge Ecology (guilds, dashboards)
. Social Networks of Learning
. The Open Source Movement
. Pro-amateur Astronomy, scalable mentorship
. Mentorship, 1-to-1 virtual mentorship
* Learning to Belong and Belonging to Learn (Communities of Practice, identity and agency)
* The Bigger Picture: Making & Tinkering
* Blended Epistemology (knower, maker, context as content, remix).
* Joint Context Creation
* Homo Ludens: play is the progenitor of culture and innovation
* Tinkering: Knowing, Making and Playing — rebalancing the weightages
* World Building — Networks of Imagination, Networks of Practice, Communities of Interest
* Epilogue: The Global One-Room Schoolhouse
Curated by Lefouque