1. Technology is not strategy.
2. There is no guarantee of success.
3. The cool factor may not be so cool.
4. Easy-to-use may not always be such a good thing.
5. User preparedness is key.
6. Support is a long-term proposition.
7. Trainers are often terrible managers of technology.
“The problem with learning technology is not the technology itself, but how well it’s used.”
Actually, the above is not rocket science. But some people still don’t get it. We need to drill it in. Please help by re-tweeting this and also drilling it into those who have thick skulls! Thanks